Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dog-Headed Days

Hello all,

I decided to branch out a bit from the original plan of the ASNPP and create a page for the translation I've been working on, the Nowell Codex's version of the Passion of St. Christopher, which I put together a few years ago in order to use the text in planned undergraduate classes. As far as I have been able to determine, there are no extant, modern translations of the prose life available, since it is not included in Andy Orchard's Pride and Prodigies (1995) and its translations of the Nowell Codex's prose monster texts. Therefore I felt that my work really needed to be made public sooner rather than later.

The translation is not quite done: the final paragraphs are very rough yet. I will get those into shape shortly.

As usual, if you would like to use the translation as a teaching tool, please contact me via the comments forum, so I can send you the most updated version of the text.

No comments: