Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Corrigienda completed

I have just finished updating and correcting the completed poems, so the mistakes which distressed me and any weird formatting should be rectified now.

I am also re-evaluating the need for the translation notes. Many of them do not add to the poem's readability and are there just to re-assure another (imagined) Anglo-Saxonist critic that I know what I'm doing. They don't provide much space for poetic license, so I am thinking that they will be combed out over the next few weeks. None of the other translations I use or admire see the need for these kind of notes, and so I am leaning towards their removal.

In other news, the class has begun and we will soon be up to our elbows in the Word Exchange. Stay tuned for updates on what I see there and find useful. "Caedmon's Hymn" is first, then selections from the riddles.

No comments: